A fully assembled interface board to enable an Arduino Nano with an A4988 controller to become a Model Railway DCC Accessory Decoder – control stepper motor from your DCC Command Station.
Use this interface with an Arduino Nano and an A4988 controller to create your own DCC stepper motor controller.
This board features
- 2.1mm barrel connector for 12v DC power, supplying power to the Stepper Motor ( ~ 12v ), and transforming down to 5v DC for the A4988 controller AND Arduino
- header pins / holes for an Arduino Nano ( v3 )
- header pins / holes for an A4988 stepper motor controller
- header pins / holes for a simple sensor ( GND, 5V, I/O connected to D3 on the Arduino )
- header pins / holes for the DCC Input from the track.
- header pins for SPi interface
- header pins for I2C interface
This is a complete assembled kit with all the components required, including the A4988 but without the Arduino Nano. Click here to purchase an Arduino Nano.
The assembled product contains the following components
- Screw Terminal ( for DCc connection )
- 2.1mm Power Barrel connector
- Female Header pins ( for Arduino and Stepper Controller )
- Male Header pins ( for Stepper Motor, I2C interface, SPI Interface)
- 4 Capacitors
- 7805 12v DC to 5v DC convertor ( Heat sink not provided but must be used )
- 1 Diode
- 3 Resistors
- 1 high speed optocoupler ( 6N137 )
- A4988 advanced super quiet stepper motor controller
The board will be fully assembled and tested ( using an in-house Arduino ) with the example sketch on the How To Page.